Monday, May 3, 2010

Moving right along ..., True Blood mini episode (contains spoilers! Do not say I didn't warn you!)

Hey out there,

Can't figure out how to keep responding to my Chinese poster. I love him or her to death, but they keep posting "If a tree in a forest falls and there's no one around to hear it, does it still make sound?" type deals in my comments section. I'm so ready to wave the white flag, it's not funny.

Did a lot of ripping and running this weekend. Picked up some more shower curtain hangers...Found an iridescent turquoise nail polish/varnish that makes me want to buy a whole rack of new spring and summer outfits.

Did some grocery shopping.


I've found a lot of interesting exhibits at the African Art Museum [Artful Animals], The American History Museum [Apollo Theater], The American Indian Museum [Hendrix], and the Newseum [Elvis]. Who says that just because I'm a local doesn't mean I can't enjoy what our museums have to offer? Hitting the National Mall as early as I can manage has always been the best ticket. That away the huge crowds of tourists don't overwhelm. (For some reason, I seem to have developed not only a touch of claustrophobia, but enochlophobia. I'm thinking it might be heriditary. As you can imagine these to phobias get to be somewhat problematic on Metro when either the bus or train is crowded. I'm not sure some Black people get that everyone has phobias and it's not just a neurotic White thing. You should see the looks I get when I have panic attacks, it's the worst. I feel like an alien visiting from another planet or something.)

Oprah picked 10 favorite books in her magazine...I guess it's dated this month...I'm not really part of the cult of Oprah...occasionally she will mention this that are of interest to me, but not often...Anyhoo, she had The Bluest Eye on her list. I read that in college, it was really powerful. She also has listed East of Eden...I never even saw the movie. What I plan to do is read the book and then maybe see the movie. I've read some Steinbeck, but not a lot...I read The Pearl . I can't remember whether I was in high scool or college. I keep hearing people mention a lot of his other works that have been made into movies, like The Grapes of Wrath, Of Mice and Men, and Cannery Row. I'm an oddball, so what I like to do is if I like one of the more well known works of an author, I go in search of the lesser known works.

Bookgasm follows me on Twitter now. Awesome! Thanks, y'all.

Can't figure out how to get the spam type followers to go...

It's rainy today, but if it lowers the temperature a bit, and washes away some of this pollen, then I'm all for it.

I think I struck out with my new friend...

I think the trazodone is helping my moods in addition to helping me get some sleep. :) Half a pill does the job.

I'm also eating more fruit.

Ginny Yashere is a trip.


Saw the first of the True Blood mini episodes. I crushed on Eric...but he and Pam raised some interesting questions for me... Dude, flip flops with a track suit? Seriously...Tsk Tsk.

Pam was smiling at the Black chick auditioning for them. Is she a lesbian and does she like chocolate? It would seem so...I never knew that about her...I'll have to pay closer attention to the shows and the books (I'm so glad they kept Lafayette I don't know what to do.). Eric did not seem to enjoy the Black female stripper...Was it because she was somewhat skanky with her attire and moves? Or does he not like chocolate at all? I thought the last chick was a vampire...She sort of reminded me of Victoria from the Twilight movies, mainly because of her use of fur in her look.

Just found out about Lynn Redgrave...really sorry to hear it. I think she was one of the first Weight Watchers spokeswomen...I also remember her from a TV remake of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?

I keep feeling like I'm forgetting to post about something, but that's nothing new...

Oh yeah, I saw a LedJoker kubrick...as soon as I can afford it, he is mine. }:D

Saw some old Buffy episodes on Logo...The Body and Forever still make me cry. They make me think about my mom...You'd think the pain ease with time, but it never does...At least not for me. I just keep thinking about the fact that she's not in pain anymore and that comforts me.


Later,


T

p.s. Thanks, Blanca Mcleroy! I still can't respond to my comments on the computer yet, I don't know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment