Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Charlaine Harris's Dead in the Family



I've just started Dead in the Family. I haven't been to Ms. Harris's forum/messageboards in a minute, but why oh why does her description of Basim al Saud make me think of Naveen Andrews ala Sayid in Lost? I'm going to be really disappointed if she's made the character stereotypical...We all deserve better.

ETA: Read a little bit further...True Blood continues to have a successful run, maybe they could pull a Lafayette with Basim al Saud...It make me much more likely to continue to watch. I can say that much...Why create such a promising character and then...It just drives me nuts...Maybe I can do some of my own God willing. And before anyone yells at me, yes I know Mr. Andrews is of Indian descent. The way Hollywood casts minority characters has always been a sticky topic though.

You don't believe me, then go here

Another topic I'm happy to see CH touch on is vampires of different ethnic backgrounds. I want her to explore this a lot more.

I also notice that Godric is not Eric's maker here...Have to say I like the TV version better...a lot less creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment