Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Marving Gaye Biopics...Yeah, I'm still on it







Started to pick up Michael Eric Dyson's book on Marvin, but...my heads still to full of Michael and I freely admit it. Although I loved Marvin Gaye's music, I was never into him in the same way...I have read the Ritz book though...






Anyhoo, now I hear that Terence Howard may be playing Marvin...somehow I can't quite see that...And before I get flooded with nasty comments posts...I'm not saying he can't do it, I'm just saying I can't quite see it right now. As good an actor as he is, he may just blow me and other sceptics away...Will Smith did it in Ali. Jamie Foxx did it in Ray. Why not Mr. Howard?






I'm still waiting for Jesse L. Martin's Marvin Gaye biopic....I'm going to keep my fingers crossed until he gets too old for the part [That's what happened with a biopic that was planned about Jimi Hendrix...Laurence Fishburne got too old to play him...And that Wood Harris TV movie was just lousy...]. I don't know who is backing what pic or if both are one in the same...






I sort of like to see both hit the screen, if only just to compare and contrast...I think both would bring different gifts/visions to their portrayals of Marvin...some of you out there will probably think I'm just copping out, but I really do feel like in some things...variety is the spice of life. I also enjoy both actors performances...






In the meantime, what do y'all think?


















No comments:

Post a Comment