Friday, April 30, 2010

When good Banana & chocolate concoctions go bad and other happenings of interest...

Went to the Starbucks on 14 and K this morning....I expected the Bananas and Chocolate smoothie to be sweet, but not too sweet...perhaps something got lost in the translation, but that was some nasty ish...don't get me wrong all the offerings on their menu they don't kill, but this...Ooh! I guess depending on how big one's sweet tooth is, others may find it just fine...My sweet tooth is a monster...I'm looking for healthier ways to satisfy it. The only thing I've come across so far is Craisins (thanks to some co-workers for bringing it to my attention.).



I was also wowed this morning, because my vanpool guy...wish I could remember his name...I've misplaced his card, which majorly sucks...But I found out that he loves Hitchcock films also. I thought I'd jump for joy...I had this book that's a mystery revolving around Hitchock and his films...the book is like one great big homage, it's called Dial H for Hitchcock, and it's by Susan Kandel. Each novel in the Cece Caruso mysteries centers around some famous mystery writer or person of note in the genre. I love mysteries like this. So anyway, he notices the book and comments that he loves Hitchcock. That got me going, because I don't come across many Black men that say/admit to that. I asked him what his favorite Hitchcock film was (he's going to get back to me, as he said "They're are too many to name."). I said mine was Vertigo, problematic me being a woman and all, but it's got so many layers to it... I recently saw Marnie, that one messed my head up badly...It's always cool when you don't have to work too hard at it to strike up a conversation with someone. : D

No comments:

Post a Comment