Friday, April 2, 2010

What a week I'm having!

The pollen is totally kicking my can this morning. I didn't even have to leave the apartment before my eyes started itching.

Metro was a mess yesterday evening. I love tourists. What would DC do without them? At times, I've been a tourist myself...(I've hit NYC, Chicago, Anaheim, CA, Toronto, and Daytona Beach), so I try to put myself in their shoes. Yesterday's evening train was packed with people who came I guess to enjoy the cherry blossoms. This happens every year (It's just depending on where I live and what line I use, how it affects my personal commute varies.). So my question to Metro is this: If it is a given that tourists are going to crowd the system for certain events, why don' t they add more cars to the trains they've already got running? Yesterday, people (tourists and locals) were packing themselves onto already crowded trains. I'm guessing because some of them probably, like me had a bus connection they didn't want to miss, but still, that doesn't make it right. At what point does common sense kick in?

I have a bill collection agency that won't leave me alone, because someone stole my soc. number and paid their utility bill with it. How I don't know. The utility company wants money. I'm not paying anybody, because I didn't run the bill up. I was tempted to pay the collection agency just to get them to stop harrassing me, but when they said they wouldn't give me a refund once I proved to them what I said was true, I lost that temptation really quickly. The police taking forever to send my case report hasn't helped matters either. My guess is my request is one in a pile of many sitting on someone's desk. I'll try and light a fire under somebody's can next week.


Was messing around on facebook and stumbled across Noel Cruz. I didn't make the connection that he was the same artist I'd read about in one of my doll mags a while back (Doll collecting mags are kind of expensive, so I only buy them when I can afford to splurge. I'm also bad with names and faces unless it's one I see quite a bit.). Both his artwork and his dolls blow me away.

Take a peek: http://www.ncruz.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment