Thursday, April 15, 2010

Potluck Day # 2

Found out the Double Down can come in Fried or Grilled form (like the Grilled option will somehow make the calories less. lol I'm still trying one. )

I have a cousin who wants to check out my blog. I warned her she'd probably find it boring. It's funny, in my family, I'm either not daring enough or I get told that I need to slow down (and what? Stop stand still and let life pass me by? No, because as far as I can tell, you only get one. I don't want to have any more regrets than I already do. ). I wish I could find that happy medium. A lot of people have told me to just pay no attention to what other people think, but because of the type of person I am, it's really not all that easy for me to do...

They were running The Princess and the Frog downstairs. I actually got caught up in watching it. Then this guy made a comment about me buying it. (I'd never seen him around before...not sure whether or not he was some type of manager or what.) I told him it wasn't payday and I smiled. I also informed him that I couldn't justify buying it, because I have no kids. I don't want to be that "crazy lady" or that "slow, shy lady". Making myself a target on top of my other problems, I can do without.

Over on MJFC, when people mention they are dots in Michael Jackson's portrait, I notice that they put the location of their dots as well. My curiosity got the best of me and I went to try and find my dot this morning. I found it, but I've got mixed emotions about where it is. It's the detail on or around his nose. The drawing appears to be of a younger Michael so far, so this is good in a way (I'm glad to be a part of it at all), but bad in a way. (I don't want to be a part of his nose that winds up not there later. I'd rather be among the people around his heart. But then, people in Hell want ice water too. ).

Bought a new walking stick today. This one matches most of my outfits and it folds up, so I'm jazzed. :D

This weekend, I've got a lot of reading to catch up on, but there are also movies coming out that I'd like to see ( Kick Ass and Death at a Funeral). I wish I could see both, I'm not sure I'll have money to do that though. Maybe if I skip the concession stand...

That episode of Lost this week is definitely in my top ten. I was a bit surprised(and then not, it is Lost after all) and disappointed by the character death.

I've also got to remember to make the time to draw this weekend, even if it's just a sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment