Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My grandmother (paternal) passed away

I found out that my grandmother passed away over the weekend. I did cry, but I can't say that I didn't see this coming. She had survived a stroke and broken hip, but she developed Alzheimer's (her mother had it, and I have memory problems due to Fibromyalgia already, so I'm very afraid of this. I read. I play word games, and do other types of puzzles. I'm still very apprehensive about Alzheimer's though, because I think it might be one of those things that are heriditary. I didn't expect to have rheumatoid markers either, but those eventually showed up. So, I'll admit that I'm afraid. I'm trying not to dwell on it too much, because unnecessary stress can also affect your health, but I digress...). My grandmother was living in Florida with my youngest aunt, so I didn't get to see or talk to her as much as I did when I was little/younger and she lived in D.C. I'm not sure where the funeral will be held, or whether she will be buried somewhere in Pensacola, Florida, Chester, SC, or buried beside my grandfather in D.C.



I'm also a bit unsettled about her death, because I haven't dreamt about her the way I did my grandfather (paternal) after his death. Or the way I dreamt about my mother (possibly as she was passing.). I feel bad because I feel like her death is one that I should have picked up on somehow (and didn't).



I know my (youngest) aunt must be reeling. I'm not sure about my dad...He seems ok... I made it a point to go see him over the weekend (my conscience wouldn't let me do anything else.) I'm thinking about spending Friday at my dad's but I'm going to play that by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment