Monday, June 8, 2009

Unsung: Minnie Riperton

I saw Unsung last night and they featured Minnie Riperton last night. I didn't know she'd recorded before she became a solo artist. I was also surprised at what they said as far as her other songs besides Lovin' You. I know I have Donnie Simpson to thank to some degree, because he definitely played other cuts from Minnie Riperton's albums, besides Lovin' You. After he played, Baby, This Love I Have, I knew I definitely had to have it for my music collection. I had a best of collection of Minnie Riperton's, but as you know, nine times out of ten, when you have a favorite artist, almost all your faves are never on just one Best of Collection. You have to buy a whole rack of them or (Gasp!) buy an import. The only way I was able to get Adventures in Paradise was to buy the Japanese import. Minnie Riperton's story really touched me, and in a few ways it reminded me of my mom. Needless to say, by the end of the program, I was in tears. I see that some episodes of this show are available on Fancast.com. As soon as I can afford it, this is definitely an episode I would love to own.

No comments:

Post a Comment