Friday, July 31, 2009

Being Human

I've watched the first couple of episodes of Being Human and I plan to tune in this Saturday too. I wouldn't say it's better than True Blood...except for the fact that they both feature supernatural creatures, I don't think the two shoes have a lot in common. John...I don't know why, but I don't find him sexy. I also found it odd that he appears to eat...most vampires don't (I remember in Lost Boys they did, or gave the illusion that they did. On BtVS, I think Spike did...) I'm wondering if at some point the writers will explain this, or chalk it up to made vampires versus born vampires, or something like that. The walking around in daylight thing, I've seen before too (in fact in Bram Stoker's Dracula. Dracula can move about in the daylight). The vampires on this show also don't cast reflections, can't be captured on film...

George...his story was very reminiscent of An American Werewolf in London, I couldn't figure out whether it was meant as an intentional homage or not. Annie...I like her, I can relate to her...a lot.

I was hoping this series had a soundtrack, but it doesn't. I really like the music they feature, both old and new.

The episode they showed about the misunderstanding about John, the DVD in the Laurel and Hardy case, and the little boy and his mom broke my heart. If you've been following my blog for the past few months, you probably have some idea as to why...

No comments:

Post a Comment