Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Why do people do this? question # 2

Ok, I'm not going to lump all older people into the same boat here, but why is it that when you say something, some older people insist that you mean something different or you don't know what you're talking about?

I was standing outside today talking to a woman selling Michael Jackson (and Barack Obama) merchandise. We started talking about Michael Jackson. I was looking at different posters and T-shirts that she had laid out on her table. I pointed to a picture of him from the Jackson Five days, and said I remember him from this far back. She said, "You remember him from this far back." and points to a picture of him from Thriller. How's she going to tell me? My mother had the Jackson Five Christmas album, I remember that from when I was knee high to a duck. (It's still at my dad's apartment.) One of my father's older sister's had Off the Wall, I remember that album cover well too, because I used to stare at it while the music was playing (Yeah, I was 5 at the time, and?). My point here is...lol I know what I remember. :D And no one can tell me different, some stuff I'm spotty on, but there are some things I can remember like they literally happened yesterday. I think that's part of why today will always be so bittersweet for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment