Thursday, July 23, 2009

BET's odd sense of timing...

BET is showing a special on Michael Jackson Sunday evening...I think this supposedly kicks off a whole week celebrating/saluting him. Wouldn't it make more sense to wait until this has actual significgance and do it on the week of what would have been his 51st birthday? Like start it the week of August 23rd and wind up on the 29th...Something like that. That way people won't feel bombarded and the honor feels less like "let's strike while the iron's hot". I don't get how TV station's are run at all...I guess it's a good thing I'm not in that field. I shudder when I think about how close I came to getting into TV and radio...Not that I'm knocking people who are in that field, but I realized early, that I wasn't cut out for it and just chose another path. I guess as long as you maintain your integrity while you're doing what you love, no harm, no foul, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment