Tuesday, July 14, 2009

First sand, now butter, what's next mashed potatoes?


Please don't let the tone of the title to this post fool you. I'm a beginning artist (I draw and paint...I find sculpting intimidating, so I have an immense respect for people who can do it and do it well.) and I was very impressed with this, which I saw over the weekend. If anyone knows if there are shots of this taken from other angles, please let me know.
Then, yesterday I find this news headline:
(Please let me know if the link doesn't work)
I did vote, and I'll be curious to see what the final vote winds up being. From what I can see, there's not a whole lot of middle ground, either people are sick of hearing about Michael Jackson or they love him and don't have a problem with the amount of attention he's been getting in the media so far...
I'm kind of torn...I'm going to do what feels best to me, and that is blog about him off and on until either I get tired of it or I'm done with the grieving process, whichever comes first.
If you don't want to read my posts, you don't have to, and I'll leave it at that.
p.s. The butter sculpture was not to be...Maybe if it had been someplace else besides Iowa. Oh well.



No comments:

Post a Comment