Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Little silky terrier...

I was on my way home from work and this little dog ran up beside me, weaving in and out of my steps, looking for all the world like he (or she) was just as pleased as punch to see me. I think it was a little silky terrier, but I'm not sure. It could have been just a mutt, who knows, but I couldn't help but laugh. I hadn't laughed like that in a long time, which is kind of sad when you think about. Its owner is calling to it, and I'm just laughing. I kept thinking to myself, I was either going to eventually trip over the dog or accidentally kick it (which I would really have hated myself for, even if it was accidental). Luckily, the dog made it back to its owner and neither of those two things happened. I've been considering getting a pet for a while. I'm thinking a dog like this one wouldn't be so bad. I've got a list of what breeds are best for someone who lives in an apartment. Everyone I've talked to about this keeps insisting I should get a cat. My sourpuss dad would probably say neither. (It's like he forgets what it was like to be young or something.) I like both dogs and cats. My thought on this is, I'm going to go home with whichever responds to me best. At some point, if I ever get a house, I might get one of each.

No comments:

Post a Comment