Monday, July 13, 2009

People magazine's 70's book

I was in the grocery store and I spotted this while I was in the checkout line. All sorts of memories came flooding back. I used to have a little Mork and Mindy T-shirt. I remember watching Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Three's Company, The Muppet Show, Wonder Woman, The Bionic Woman, The Hardy Boys, I can't remember the names of them, but there were these little book review shows for kids and teens (I'm not talking about Reading Rainbow, these came before. I remember one time the read an excerpt of Madeline L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time...) ...Yeah, I was a little kid, but I remember a lot. My dad still has the Star Wars soundtrack album. I remember us going to the movies to see Thank God It's Friday.

Does anyone else out there remember Battle of the Network Stars?

Some seventies stuff I didn't get into until I was old enough to appreciate it, like Carrie, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, ...(Oddly enough I have my dad to thank for my love of Led Zeppelin...funny how stuff like that works.)

I didn't get into too many of the fads...rollerskating, pet rocks...

I do remember having a mood ring or two though. Some worked like they were supposed to, some didn't. I also think that after a certain length of time they stop working all together.

I also remember (and I refuse to believe I'm just imagining it.), honey buns, moon pies, etc. were larger.

I'm somewhat nostalgic about that time, but...I'm realistic enough to remember the good and the bad...Just like with the 80's and 90's...


Time flies doesn't it?....

No comments:

Post a Comment