Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Am I missing something here?

On the morning commute, something bizarre happened, and I want to know if I woke up on BizarroWorld this morning or what...I got off at L'Enfant Plaza and transferred to the blue and orange lines downstairs. I'm doing the customary thing, right side of escalator stands still, left moves, I'm moving, only there's someone slowing up progress at the bottom of the escalator...I know it's not the most politically correct thing to say, but he was a wide gentleman, and I had to get fairly close before I saw that he was using a cane. The people in back of me, only knew that a train was at the platform and I was holding them up. The year before last, I had to use a cane, that's no fun. There wasn't enough space to go around this guy, at least not for me, because I had more than one bag on me. The dude with the cane glanced back at us, I wasn't trying to embarass him, but I just felt like the impatient people behind us had a lot of nerve and I was going to tell them about themselves. Everyone else, was fairly cool about the situation, but this one man and woman just start yelling at me. So, I yell back [and not once did I swear, ladies and gentleman, it is a very good day when that happens. :)]. The older woman says that I should keep moving, because she's not going to shove me. I don't know if that was a veiled threat or what. I yelled to them that the man in front of me had a cane, I wasn't going to just shove past him (I don't know about them, but I was early to work, nothing's that big a deal to me that you have to stop treating people like people.). Then the man has something else nasty and smart to say to me. I told him, he could have just gone around me, you know what he says? "No, you could have gone around me.", which made absolutely no sense if you saw our locations. I just went on and didn't even dignify that with a response...

It's stuff like this that makes me understand my father's attitude toward people, especially strangers...Still, it's not fair to let the bad apples ruin the whole bunch. That ticked me off so badly this morning though. I didn't/ and still don't feel like I was wrong...If I had to do it over, I still would have done the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment