Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Patrick Swayze

I was really sorry to see/hear about this, but with the way I saw him looking, I can't say I'm surprised. I'm sad to see him go. I enjoyed him in Dirty Dancing, Ghost and Point Break (Just went to Imdb, and I don't know how I forgot he was in The Outsiders too. I loved that movie. I guess I was paying so much attention to Rob Lowe and Ralph Macchio, that I overlooked him. I'm not proud of the fact, but it happens...) I wasn't really a diehard fan, so I'm afraid I haven't seen much else of his work. I do remember that he had that song "She's Like the Wind" on the Dirty Dancing soundtrack and being amazed that he could actually sing (Renaissance men/multi-talented men are the best!). I never saw all of To Wong Foo, what I did see I enjoyed though. I think there's something to be said for an actor that can take on both "macho" roles and a role like Vida. There's not many out there that can do that (and don't think I'm forgetting Ving Rhames or Wesley Snipes. I love them, I respect them, I appreciate them. I've seen their work too...Just because I don't always speak/write on a thing doesn't mean I'm walking around clueless...)

My condolences go out to Patrick Swayze's family. He will definitely be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment