Wednesday, August 26, 2009

TMZ polls, the homicide ruling, etc.

I think the TMZ polls are a bit contradictory or two entirely different sets of people visit that site.



I was glad to see that most people think that Dr. should be held at least partially responsible. What pissed me off however, was that people think Michael Jackson is responsible for his own addiction. That makes absolutely no sense to me.



From what I understand these problems with painkillers happened as a result of the burns he got filming one of the Pepsi commercials. Now true no one forced him to do the Pepsi commercial, but did he burn himself?



I'm not sure when he started having trouble sleeping, that I would have to research. I do have insomnia, so I know how difficult it can be. Maybe because people don't see it as a "serious" problem, they think it's an easy thing to take care of. It isn't. I've tried chamomile tea. Warm milk won't make me do anything but :P, so scratch that. For a period of time alcoholic beverages worked, but it got to the point where cocktails wouldn't do anything. I don't like the taste of really strong liquour and I hate feeling hungover. So using alcohol got old pretty quick. I also don't want or need to become an alcoholic, as I have quite enough on my plate. Then I started trying OTC sleeping aids, but after a while, 1 wouldn't work. It got to the point where I was quadrupling pills. I never went past that, because I wanted to wake up in the morning (There's just too much I haven't done yet that I want to do.). Now, I take a prescription sleeping aid, but it's getting to that point where one pill isn't doing it for me anymore.



Now, I'm an everyday person, but add on to that the pressures of celebrity (constantly wanting and needing to top yourself, etc.), illness, second (and third?) degree burns that left you permanently scarred and in pain, I'm not sure about the money problems or the accusations...Add on to that people ridiculing you, that's a lot of stress even for an every day person. And he's responsible for his own addiction? No, I'm sorry, I just don't think that's a fair judgment at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment