Wednesday, August 26, 2009

David Nordahl and his Michael Jackson art

I guess the first David Nordahl Michael Jackson piece that caught my eye was the Tryptich that was featured on the cover of last week's USA Today Life weekend section. I would love to be able to see some of that artwork in person. I'm one of those people that could wander a museum for hours. I mainly enjoy art/pop culture type museums, but I will visit museums that focus on natural history too. I've heard that there will be an exhibition of Michael Jackson art at some point, but I don't know where or what will be featured.

"Field of Dreams"-I'm going to have to look at that one again, because I missed Janet. Is she adult Janet or child Janet? (That might be how I missed her, because I was looking for another adult.)

The portrait where the cherubs are putting flowers in Michael's hair...-I'm not sure I'm getting what that paintings saying...It's kind of jarring to see a clearly male body and then the face is very androgynous. More so than some of Nordahl's other works.

I like Nordahl's attention to detail. He's got Michael's profile spot on in the detail on the throne.

I enjoyed getting further insight into the kind of person Michael was. (I never knew about the Chevy Blazer. I'd heard about him being a practical joker though. I didn't know about the chicken wings either. That tickles me for some odd reason.)

And to think all this came from Michael wanting this guy to give him art lessons...I think that's wild. I've seen some of Michael's drawings too, he could draw in a couple of different styles. You could see he could have done something with his artwork too...

This I think is another one of those things about Michael Jackson that I guess is always going to fascinate me.

I'm afraid to post pictures with this blog entry, because I'm so not looking to get sued.

No comments:

Post a Comment