Tuesday, August 18, 2009

This messes with my head big time...

I was checking my e-mail accounts at Yahoo! when I came across this:


http://www.thedailynewsegypt.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=23694


I don't have any immediate plans to visit Chicago, but I would love to check this display/exhibit (Depending on how long it's in Chicago for, I just may...) out in person. I want to know if this resemblance is photoshopped or it's really this ...uncanny. (Is it mass hypnosis/hallucination or do some of us out there just really, really, miss him this badly? I think part of the answer to my question is answered by how quickly that Hamilton Collection figurine sold out and album chart sales/records.) It's unsettling...I wish the statue wasn't of a princess though (There's too much negativity about Michael Jackson's sexuality as it is)...I wish the statue had been of someone kind of like Akhenaton, but an "undiscovered" pharoh(My imagination...and the things that come from it...). Maybe that's just me being narrow-minded though...Maybe it's possible to have been another sex in your past life (if there are such things) and it may or may not have anything to do with one's sexuality...I've always been curious about that kind of thing, but never really had a set belief in reincarnation one way or the other. I think it's stupid and arrogant to rule stuff out, just because it's hard to conceive of it though. There's too much out there in nature to marvel at, for me not to think that way...

I wonder if Michael Jackson ever saw this statue...I don't think he was trying to look like it/her...If he did...I wonder how much our subconcious mind affects the decisions we make conciously...

I don't think I'll be able to look at the Remember the Time video in exactly quite the same way now...It's not really a good or a bad thing...just kind of odd. I didn't even plan to keep writing about Michael Jackson this long or quite this often, but he just keeps popping up in the places I least expect...I know I definitely didn't expect to be greeted this morning by the image The Field Museum in Chicago released.

You know what's funny? I came thisclose to putting on my silver winged Isis pendant (I have boxes of Ancient Egyptian themed items. My jewelry is only part of the collection. For the longest time, I've been fascinated by that time and place [At least until the Greek and Roman influence starts to take over...Can't remember the time period...].... this morning, but decided against it at the last minute...bizarre...What a long, strange, trip life is...

No comments:

Post a Comment