Monday, June 14, 2010

True Blood 3rd Season Premiere Commentary--Spoilers!

I watched this and I was dismayed that Tara would decide to try and take her own life after Eggs was killed...somehow, I thought the character was stronger than that, but everyone handles grief differently...so I chalked it up to that.

Arlene...Insensitive much??!!! [Tara overreacted to both Tara and Sookier, but still...]

Kenya...I think she was salty at Sookie partially because of Eggs too.

Bill and Sam...Wow! That Sam was dreaming that...

Jessica...Poor baby...was it shock and paralyzing fear that kept her from figuring out that she needed to dispose of the body away from the house. I thought it was sweet that Hoyt wants to stick with her too...

Lafayette...He handled his biz last night...

Pam...I like how direct she was with Eric...

Sophie-Ann and Eric...Can't wait to see how they get themselves out of this...Hopefully it won't cost either Bill or Lafayette...

Jason and Det. Andy Bellefleur...That's going to blow up in their faces big time...and when Tara finds out, I doubt she'll look at Jason the same way again...They should have fessed up, hiding stuff just makes them look as if they have something to hide...Dude was wilding out and he had a knife...I don't care if he was purple with green polka dots, white or whatever. Self-defense isn't wrong...Only two people, both of whom were white, saw this, so of course any POC is going to be skeptical (Malice Green anyone?). And before someone sends me a barrage of e-mails or floods my comments field, I'm a woman of color. I try to be objective, but True Blood has a tendency to bring up some very heavy race issues at times...It doesn't make me want to stop watching at all, if anything it makes me curious to see the twists and turns the show will take...It also provokes thought...Not a lot of shows out there do this for me.

Lettie Mae...Why does she think that overparenting now, makes up for underparenting for X amount of years? You can't undo what's been done...you can only be patient, do the best you can do to prove you're going to do better and go from there...I think she's afraid of having no one(which I can understand)...especially after how Lafayette feels about her.

Can't wait to see the werewolves. }:D

Was very pleased to see Don Swayze.

Need to order another case of TruBlood before the season's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment