Monday, June 7, 2010

70's Nostalgia coming on strong (Part 1?)

I was watching a Marvin Gaye concert from the 70's on Centric...There was a woman singing the duets he and Tammi Terrell made famous. The woman had a feathered comb in her hair. This made me remember my mother's combs. On the rare occassions she and my father went out, back in the 70's, I used to love to watch her get ready...Every now and then she would pick these unique and exotic pieces...and they didn't cost a fortune either...She helped teach me it's knowing where to look...I remember she had a comb with a feather that was brown with white spots and a burnt orange color was in the mix too...She also had a yellow comb with artificial yellow flowers on it (dry rot may have gotten to this particular comb, I can't remember.). I wish I had a photograph of her wearing this stuff...Maybe I'll come across some and I can post them here...

No comments:

Post a Comment