Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wolverine mania

Wolverine has always been one of my favorite X-Men. He was the first comic book character that I ever drew.

I was channel surfing this past weekend, and I found one of the cartoon channels had a new X-Men cartoon. (I think it was a Nicklelodeon spinoff.) I had a WTF moment when I found out what it was called though. I clearly remember Professor Xavier and/or Cyclops leading the X-Men. There have even been instances when I remember Storm leading the X-men. But when did Wolverine go from being a loner to team leader? Have I been out of the loop that long? Or is this one of those character reinvention things? Don't get me wrong, as much of a problem as I sometimes have with change, I also realize that there are instances where it can be good. I'll be watching this cartoon to see if it is one of those changes that is good or a complete mistake. I also saw a comic book in the store with the Wolverine and the X-Men title. I'm not sure which came first, but if I enjoy the movie and the cartoon enough, if my budget allows, I may check out a comic or two of the new title and some of the other Wolverine stuff I saw. I have two shoeboxes of some older Wolverine graphic novels and comics over at my dad's place. When the closet they were in leaked, I was thanking God everything was in mylar. I have one of the larger action figures in the classic costume too, too bad the box it was in took a beating. This will definitely be an interesting weekend. Next week, I've also got to make a note to myself to get all my Wolverine stuff from my dad's place. I just had a thought...Maybe I'll go see the movie with him this weekend. Comic books/Graphic novels were one of the things that we always bonded over (As little as we sometimes understand each other, I'll always love him no matter what.). I never thought a comic book hero movie would get me waxing all nostalgic...Funny how things like that happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment