Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The New Star Trek Movie

I hear they're already planning on a sequel to this, without even having seen the results of how well the first one does yet. That's just crazy to me.
I'm too young to have seen Star Trek the first time around. I caught it in syndication. My father liked it and so did my mother. I think he has watched all the series, even Enterprise. He's not really a trekkie or trekker or whatever the preferred name is now though. He's never even been to a convention. I'm even more of a casual viewer. I do have favorite episodes from the different series though. My favorite episode of the original Star Trek is Mirror Mirror. I think a lot of people like that one. Another thing that used to trip me out about the first series, was how when the ship was supposed to have crashed into something, they'd stagger all around the place holding on to things with these looks of horror on their faces. I'd just be in stitches. At the time it was made, maybe it looked more believable. Do I have favorite characters from the original show? Yeah...It's a tie between Spock and Uhura. I'll be very curious to see if this new movie is any good. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment