Saturday, April 18, 2009

Are all women from Venus?

Today, I was sitting in the hair salon and they had Sex and the City on. I have never watched an episode of that show all the way through. I don't know why, but it just never caught on like that with me.

I went into Dress Barn looking for a black camisole top and wound up coming out with a leopard print dress. It won't break the bank or anything, but once I saw it on me in the fitting room, I just couldn't imagine leaving it in the store. (I'm trying to make it my last impulse buy for a while though, because I'm trying to save $3,000 by October, so that I can move without too many headaches. )

My sister and I were chatting this morning, and I forgot how it came up, but she was telling me that she didn't enjoy Kill Bill. I on the other hand loved it. I also got a kick out of the second half of DeathProof . My sister explained that she didn't mind violence that made sense in a movie, her problem was with senseless violence, which I can understand, because neither of us likes the Saw series. She also went on to say, that she doesn not hate all Tarantino films, because she did like Pulp Fiction. I forgot to ask her if she had seen Jackie Brown. (Pam Grier was in that. I've seen some of her blaxploitation films, but not all. I've seen Coffy, Foxy Brown, and there was another film, one where she played a private detective or a photographer, I'm wracking my brain, but I can't remember what the name of it was. I've also seen Scream, Blacula, Scream. The storyline could have been better. I liked the first Blacula way more. Ahem, getting back on track...I haven't seen Black Mama, White Mama, but I'd like to. To truly appreciate it, I'd probably have to watch the original The Defiant Ones right before it.

No comments:

Post a Comment