Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Channel surfing woman

I don't know how many other women like to do this, but I love to channel surf.

Besides, the TV guide can't possibly show you what all of your favorite channels have to offer, right? For example, I love G4, but the only way I know what's on it, is if I go to it. The TV Guide doesn't list it. Incidentally, I found out last night that the Why So Serious? website they had up for The Dark Knight is up for a Webby award. I really enjoyed the site. It seemed like each time I went there, I'd find something that I hadn't thought to click on before. Even if Heath Ledger was still alive, I'd say this regardless. What I'm not sure of, is if it would have stayed with me as long. To be honest, if he was still alive, I'd be anticipating the next film in the series, and wondering how they could top the stuff they did for publicity on The Dark Knight (or if they didn't top it, at least have it be just as exciting. I'm not really of the mindset that bigger explosions and more of them would make a sequel better. I'm more into the writing...characters, plot, etc. ). That whole thing with at the 2007 San Diego ComicCon with the scavenger hunt...I wish I'd been there, that sounds like it was wild. But I think that would have been hard to top. Or maybe I'm just not imaginative enough. (It would certainly explain why I get writer's block whenever I try to write something. I'll come up with a great beginning or a great idea, but have no idea how to follow through. As you can imagine, it's pretty frustrating.)

I also found out that the website for Coraline is also up for a Webby award in the same category (I think it was viral, but I'm not sure). Now that website I haven't been to. I love Neil Gaiman's work though, so for that alone, the site is definitely worth checking out.

Then on this same show on G4 (Please forgive me, but I can't remember the name. What can I say? I have a memory like swiss cheese and I am not a morning person. At least one person out there can relate, I'm sure.), they also showed the comic book version of Stephen King's The Stand. Those illustrations were nasty (and that's a compliment). I read the book, but I don't think I got all the way through the restored edition. I tried, but that thing was a monster (And I'm saying this, and I actually love to read. ). I do remember the Bernie Wrightson illustrations though. Mike Perkins gives him a run for his money, I have to say.

Then one of the Encore channels (Encore Mystery) had a half-assed Psycho marathon. I say half-assed, because they showed 2, 3, and 4, but not the original film. How are you going to have a Psycho marathon and not show 1? All I could think was there had to be some kind of legal red tape, because otherwise what they did made absolutely no sense to me.

Fringe was also pretty good last night, this may be a series that I will grow to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment