Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It's always something...

Contemplating getting a futon or a daybed...

I have to put my yoga class on hold...I think once I get the new bed the progress the chiropractor has made will actually begin to stick.

Cancelled Showtime and found out that Idris Elba is making a guest appearance on The Big C. :( I wanted to see it anyway, to see what Gabourey Sidibe's role would be like, but until the fall I'm strapped for cash...Didn't want to get rid of my cable altogether, so I've started getting rid of premium channels...(HBO is a last resort, because I have to have my True Blood.) I figure if push comes to shove...there's always Netflix, Hulu, or Buying the Seasons of my fave shows when they come out on DVD, the only problem is I get like I do with most of my books...I watch or read them once and then they sit...(Once this happens I give them away...I'll fool with eBay and a later point. )

Didn't realize it was Frida Kahlo's bday until I hit Google today...They are awesome...

Had some people ask me about Laurell K. Hamilton's book Bullet today... I like what's going on with Richard...wish he'd woken up sooner. Nathaniel and the ringtones. Lol I love him too.

Read The Night Tourist by Katherine Marsh over the weekend. It has got to be one of the most beautiful books I've ever read. I enjoy Greek mythology. I also love it's portrayal of the afterlife...A Ghostly version of New York...Getting to meet James Baldwin! I don't want to get into anything too crazy, but you know where I'd like to hit? Studio 54. :) I'll be curious to see where The Twilight Prisoner goes. One day in real life I'd like to go back to New York and go take some pics of the Alice In Wonderland statue from unusual angles or something like that...(It would be like my 4th trip back to New York. Don't get me wrong, I love DC...but however long I stay in New York, never seems like long enough...and I still haven't been to Harlem. )

Can't think of too much else going on with me besides the same ol, same ol.

I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but I'll be so happy when it finally rains...This heat and humidity is totally kicking me in my a#$!

Hope my freaking phone is working by the time I get home...I've enjoyed the peace, but I don't want other people not able to get in touch with me or worried as the cost of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment