Friday, September 24, 2010

Boys in the Wood (Last night's Vampire Diaries ep)

Elena--I'm torn with her, because if someone killed or tried to kill one of my family members, I'd be ticked too. The manipulation though...two wrongs don't necessarily make a right...

Caroline--After all the trouble she went to, I was sorry to see her lose Matt.


Bonnie--It's not quite the same as the Sookie/Tara relationship on True Blood, but I definitely see parallels.


Aimee-I don't remember seeing her before and I've only read a couple of the books...It'll be interesting to see what happens with this character...whether they keep her and build on her, or she's just there to drive the plot with the main characters.


Tyler and Mason --I want to know why Tyler didn't change (Is he not of age yet or something?). As for Mason, his self-control must be stellar for him not to have annihilated the inside of that truck. With shows like this, it's a given you're going to have to suspend your disbelief though. It's just a matter of how far/long you're willling to suspend it I guess. : D



Damon--The way he jumped in the way of that arrow for Elena...I was also amused by the fun he was having with Vanessa at Isobel's archives. I couldn't figure out whether he was trying to win her back. ( He seemed to be on a campaign last night, didn't he?) Or whether he is hung up on Elena because Katherine doesn't want him/never loved him (i.e. if I couldn't make Katherine want/love me, I'll make Elena want/love me.). He wasn't feigning that hurt last night...I looked at that kaleidoscope of emotions play across his face last night...and he was actually hurt that he didn't have a chance with her anymore. I'm curious to see what he'll do next and if he'll play right into Katherine's hands by doing so. Or whether his anger will help them defeat her.


Stefan--He was fun last night. Wish we saw more of this side of him. This makes it easier for me to see what draws Elena to him.

I found the title of the ep somewhat problematic and this recent development of "compelling" POC to be disturbing for me as well...I don't think they did this last season...I don't believe it would have slipped past me. I feel so torn...I love this genre and I love my eye candy (Mr. Somerhalder)...so I'm going to give the show some more time...Plus, I also hate quitting before I know how a story turns out...

No comments:

Post a Comment