Monday, September 13, 2010

Evil is Going On...True Blood Season Finale (contains spoilers)

First off, can I just say WTH?


There was no closure last night at all. If I weren't so emotionally invested in the characters, last night might have frustrated me enough to make me quit watching.
The viewer was left hanging with basically all the storylines last night...

Russell--If Eric escaped can he? Yeah he's been weakened, but he's also older.

Eric--He's out an assassin and what's going to happen as far as vampire politics go? Alan Ball alluded that there will be more to do with this next season. As far as the concrete thing goes, Bill was just sloppy.

Bill--Did he really think he could take out an older vampire with just concrete? He didn't even drug or bind Eric or anything? Cocky, much? And now he thinks he can take Queen Sophie Anne? He must feel like he's got nothing to lose.

Godric--Always nice to see him...Vampire as ghost...Was that a nod to Anne Rice? (Claudia shows up as a ghost in I forget which book...I think it was Tale of the Body Thief...) What kind of unfinished business must you have to come back as a ghost after you've been turned into a vampire?

Arlene--So is the baby evil? I'm guessing it is, if Lafayette's vision is right.

Sam -- That blood on his hands in Lafayette's vision doesn't make me feel good about Tommy's fate. Sam cooked breakfast... Why would you turn one of the coolest dudes on the show into a psycho? :( Fantastic chance for the actor to stretch...sucks to see the character go downhill though.

Tara--She scared me with those scissors last night. Her haircut's cute though. She's been through so much, I'm amazed she didn't go off worse at Sam's confession. Also just when I think her mom's getting it together she loses it again. Poor baby.

Pam--She will always rule! She kicked the assassin's ass. Again, I have to ask what was Bill thinking? Did age factor at all in his planning or lack thereof? Sheesh!

Alcide --Not enough of him last night at all. Andy Swist totally helped cheer me up on that score though. }:D

Sookie--Was it just me, or did anyone else think it was beyond bitchy of Sookie, to destroy Talbot in front of Russell, and then laugh about it like that? For a minute, I almost didn't think it was her... That was the only time I actually felt sympathy for Russell last night...I know she was furious and rightly so, but that just seemed out of character.

Lafayette and Jesus--I'm worried for them...Does Lafayette's vision of Jesus mean that he is evil, or that he only has the potential for it?

Jessica and Hoyt--I love them together. I'm a bit worried about the new house though, what up with the baby doll on the floor?

Summer and Hoyt's mom--I didn't think their little intervention would work, but now she's gone and purchased a firearm. Be afraid, be very afraid. That woman is truly nasty.

Jason, Crystal, and Hotshot--I'm more than annoyed with all the back and forth going on. At least now she admits that she loves him out in the open at least...I still want to know how/if they're going to wrap up this storyline. It's gone so far from what happened in the books that I'm clueless.

I think I got everyone...At least I have plenty of time to order more TruBlood before next season. lol

I'll be curious to see what the commentary on Racialicious will be like. Judging by the reviews/commentary I've seen so far at different websites, a lot of people are frustrated, particularly by the whole Crystal and Jason storyline. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment