Friday, December 4, 2009

My Top Ten Favorite Christmas Songs

I came up with this list and I wanted to post it early enough in the season that it's still fun and not sickening.

Here goes:

10. "Please Come Home for Christmas" - I like Charles Brown's version and I like the Eagles version. (I told you I wasn't kidding when I said I liked all types of music.)

9. "Merry Christmas, Baby"--Chuck Brown, I also like Bonnie Raitt and Charles Brown's version.

8. "This Christmas"--Donny Hathaway

7. "What Do the Lonely Do at Christmas?"--The Emotions

6. "Lonely Christmas" --Prince (My mother hated that I loved this. We used to laugh about it.)

5. "Baby, It's Cold Outside" --Ray Charles and Betty Carter

4. "Sleigh Ride" --TLC / "Let it Snow"--Boyz II Men

3. "Feliz Navidad" --Jose Feliciano /"Happy Xmas (War is Over)"--John Lennon and Yoko Ono

2. "Santa Baby"--Eartha Kitt. I like Madonna's too, but she sounds like Betty Boop.

1. "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas/We Wish You a Little Merry Christmas"--The Jackson 5 (I love that whole album! Thank you, Mom! I love you!)


Honorable Mentions:

Even though I will hear it 50 times and then some, I don't think it'd truly feel like Christmas without hearing Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song" at least once. I also like Alexander O' Neal's version because of how he vocalizes on it.

"Silent Night" --The Temptations

"This Christmas"--The Whispers

"Last Christmas"--George Michael

"The Twelve Pains of Christmas"--by Bob Rivers (It just sets me rolling every time. lol)

"Jingle Bell Rock"--that scene from Mean Girls. I'm sorry, but it just cracks me up every time I see it.

"Christmas in Hollis"--Run DMC. I love the music. I could groove off that alone.

Well, what do y'all think? Feel free to comment with your own. I know my list is pretty old school. (I guess I'm officially an oldhead now, huh?) Also if someone new has come out with a cover I should hear. Point that out to me too, by all means.

No comments:

Post a Comment