Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Christmas tree, decorations, etc.

I'm still procrastinating about Christmas decorating, etc. To be honest...I'm just not feeling all that festive this year...

I thought about a wreath for my door until, my sis wisely pointed out that a wreath would obstruct the view from my peephole...I definitely don't want that, so I gave that idea up.

I thought about lights on my balcony, but the weather's been so crappy lately...

I saw someone's door this morning, that had that old school Christmas foil door covering on it...(Do y'all remember? It used to come in gold, silver, red, blue, or green? I haven't seen that in a long time. That cheered me up some...)

I want to get my dad's Christmas tree up, but he hasn't been into Christmas for the longest time...My mother was the one that was into Christmas...somehow, by not having the energy and/or wherewithal, I feel like I'm not living up to her example...Like I'm letting her down...

As for a tree and/or stockings at my apartment...I don't have kids...I'm not really set up for visitors yet...so nothing would really be under the tree. I don't want to do through the trouble of decorating if no one besides me is going to see it. To me, that's not only a waste of time and money it's pretty pointless. Maybe next year I'll feel better about Christmas, but right now, I just don't...I think mostly I'm down because of stuff that I won't get into here. Not to mention the fm and the weather (cold weather and/or rain bother my joints something terrible. I didn't think it'd start up this "early", but because of the fm, it has...) are kicking me in my butt right now. I've also been pretty swamped at work (being "the dependable one" at work most assuredly has its drawbacks, I'm finding out the hard way. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to have a job right now, but no one likes to feel like they're being taken advantage of, and that's how I feel right now.). By the time I get home in the evening and get settled, I've got chores to do and once I've done them, it's time to go to bed. I feel like I don't even have my eyes shut for five minutes and then it's time to go to work. Burnt out is an understatement at this point. Hopefully, if all goes well, I'm thinking of taking some time in the Spring. I'm praying to be able to hold out that long patiencewise...

No comments:

Post a Comment