Sunday, March 15, 2009

Nothing says Good Morning like a painter outside your window

First of all, I'm ecstatic, because I finally got the place to myself. Yay me!

Now for the insanity...A couple of days ago, we got a notice that we were getting the outside of our apartment complex painted. Ok, this is no big thing. What I did not anticipate, was that these guys would be working on a weekend and working in the rain. I fell asleep with my vertical blinds cracked, but not wide open on Saturday night, plus I like to give my lamp a break. So, anyway, I hear this noise out side the window, which is not all that unusual, because we've got birds, we've got bats, we've got squirrels. I blink awake this morning, look out the window and there is this dude on a ladder outside my window. I wrapped myself in my blanket and hauled ass getting out of bed and closing the blinds. I've never in all the times I've lived in an apartment where the outside was being painted had anything like that happen to me before. I've never been on a property this big before either, so I guess they couldn't arrange it in such a way that they tell each section when their place is being done, that way they can have their blinds closed ahead of time. Geez! What a way to wake up.

Saw this funny horror movie Friday night. I can't remember the exact title, but I remember it had Pinata Island in the title. That had to have been one of the most pitiful movie monsters I've ever seen, and I've seen quite a few in my time.

I was wandering around Target while I was waiting for my optometrist to check the new contacts she had just put in, and I stumbled across a DVD called Let the Right One In. That looks like it might be really interesting. I also found Quarantine, which I have been wanting to see for the longest time.

No comments:

Post a Comment