Monday, June 27, 2011

True Blood Season 4 Premiere Notes - She's Not There - Contains Spoilers!

Lafayette -  I love him with Jesus, but I'm still hoping that whatever Jesus's motives are, he genuinely loves Lafayette.

Sookie - That thing with the fairies was just weird.  Mostly from literature and folklore I already knew the deal about eating or drinking anything, and time moving differently.  (I was bummed about Sookie's grandad.  Gary Cole's an amazing actor too, the wasted him here.  It was like Hello and Goodbye.  That to me just added to the pain.)  Seemed like she was struggling to keep Bill at arm's length

Claude - looks nothing like I pictured him...I'll give it a few episodes before I make any snap judgements though.

Bill -  Curious as to how he got to be King and not Eric.  They seem not only to be diverging from the books a bit, but mixing some of the storylines from different books together.

Jason - I feel really sorry for him, because ultimately he seems like he's just trying to do the right thing, especially by the people in Hotshot...I've read the books, so I know what's coming.  It still makes me sad.
Where is Crystal anyway?

Eric - He tripped me out with how he did the commercial, as opposed to how Pam did the commercial.  I'm amazed that he thought that Sookie would just melt when he said "I was the only one that never gave up on you."  He's persistent and he's got gall, which is part of what tickles me about him.

Nan Flanagan - She pulls no punches, I enjoy her everytime she's on.

Arlene, Terry, and the little baby whose name escapes me - I'm not crazy about this storyline...I guess because it feels so cliched/forced.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love for Terry and Arlene to have a storyline, just not this one.

Sam, Luna, and the Shapeshifter meetup group -  Please don't let Luna be another Daphne.

Tommy hanging with Hoyt's mom - Absolutely no good can come of that.

Marnie - When she was channeling Eddie (Eddy?), she creeped me right on out and again with the bird.

Tara or Toni - I just don't even know what blew my mind more...I was aware of some of the spoilers for this season, but not all.  I was thinking about Sam's dream about Bill last season and guessed all wrong.  I also feel like this sort of came out of left field.  We got hints with Willow on BtVS in "The Wish" episode.  It's been too long since I've watched Xena to fully elaborate, but there was subtext and obvious stuff with Xena and Gabrielle too.  I couldn't figure out what Alan Ball was doing with this decision for Tara/Toni...Is it to get the viewer thinking about how being gay comes about?  Ie. Is it heriditary? A choice one makes? Getting fed up with the opposite sex?  Different cases for different folks I'm thinking, but I digress... I liked how the guy who wanted to play voyeur was dealt with.  I think wailing on him would have been to easy and possibly sent the wrong message.  One thing's for sure, I don't think Naomi will be too happy when she finds out she's been lied to.

No Alcide -  Boo!   There was a lot going on, but still...I missed Alcide.

The "She's Not There" Nick Cave cover -  I loved that playing over the end credits.  I love when music is used to reinforce or tell a story.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment