Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Homemade tomato sauce for spaghetti

I was chatting with one of my aunts last night and I casually mentioned that I fixed my own spaghetti last night. When I mentioned that I got my sauce out of a jar, although she didn't outright voice her disapproval, there was definitely a note of it in her response...I know it's healthier to make your own, but as I pointed out, I only have roughly 5 hours of "Me" time, before I absolutely have to be in the bed or be a zombie the next day. I don't like to leave dishes sitting in the sink and I'm not very experienced at cutting up vegetables, therefore it takes me longer than say for someone who's been at it for decades (Not a potshot, just a truthful observation. I think we're less than 20 years apart in age anyway.).

I have gotten way better about buying more healthy snacks, salads, fruit, trail mix, etc. But, I'm just not to the point where I have the time to put into making my own spaghetti sauce. Guacamole and stuff like that might be fun to make too, but I just don't always have the time, money, or energy to put into it that I'd like to. I like to do well at the things I decide to do, once I take the time to get into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment