Thursday, January 14, 2010

Earthquake in Haiti...

I will do something to assist in helping people get back on their feet in Haiti, I'm just not sure what yet. I may donate goods and money, but I'll have to see what my budget allows for...I don't have relatives down there or anything, but I look at it like this...I would want someone to look into the kindness of their heart and do something for me were the situation reversed...I helped out after Katrina...I want to be a part of this too...It also doesn't feel right to sit back and watch others help...especially when the people involved look like you. There's just something that feels wrong to me about that...I mean, if you honestly are so strapped for cash/resources, that you can't look out for anyone but self, that's one thing (I thought that news headline about the Salvation Army and the bad checks was just sad. If you can't give money, give your time, but don't write a bad check, that just hurts everybody.) But if you have even a little something to spare and then don't do what you can?...That's a decision you have to live with and face yourself in the mirror for, every day for the rest of your life...I don't mean to sound so/too preachy in this blog post...Some nights when I have insomnia, this is some of the kind of stuff I think about though.

No comments:

Post a Comment