Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Donnie Simpson leaving WPGC

I had hoped this was only a rumor, then I read yesterday's paper and saw that this was confirmed...It truly breaks my heart to hear this...My mother passed away going on 3 years ago...Then Michael Jackson passed away last year. And now Donnie Simpson is leaving WPGC (He got me into Minnie Riperton, The Beatles [He wasn't afraid to play white artists too, I liked that.], and Marvin Gaye [ He particularly got me into some of Marvin Gaye's more obscure cuts, such as "Come Get to This".) ...All these events together feel like the end of an era to me...I loved Donnie Simpson's format and how he would play things from "back in the day"...the only other station I can think of that makes me anywhere near as happy is Majic102.3. I hope this doesn't mean it's only a matter of time before they're gone too. If that's the case, it looks like I'll either be switching over to an Ipod or Sirius...I'm sorry it had to come to this and that some type of an agreement couldn't be reached...

No comments:

Post a Comment