Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sorry

Hey all,

Sorry I'm not updating more often...I've got a co-worker out this week, and I'm her back up. Not to mention rushing here and rushing there has me completely worn out. Some of it is my own doing though, so I can only complain so much.

I'll have to try the Greenbelt Kinko's as some stuff isn't working at the 24 hour DC location. It's an excellent place to get extra picture prints though. : D They're even cheaper than CVS.

Zipped to New York last weekend. London's next, but I'm not sure when. I know I want to do it before the end of the year...As for my reasons, I don't really want to get into them. My dad won't be thrilled. How do you explain your love of travel to the very person who likely helped give it to you in the first place? I don't know where, when, or how he lost it, but I really wish he hadn't . I feel like he's really missing out on life because of it. He seems to enjoy shutting himself off from the world, he feels safer that way, so I guess there's nothing I can do but watch him do that...or get into a really draining discussion/argument that would make both of us feel lousy, which I definitely don't want to do.

I want to visit my aunt in Florida.

I want to go to some parts of Mexico and Egypt, but I'm a little too scared to venture out there right now. I've got my passport though, which is half the battle. I would also like to know a little more Spanish and Arabic before I go too. When I go to Egypt, I would also like to cover up, so that they can see that I'm not an arrogant American, I do have respect for the culture.

I also want at some point to go to Luray Caverns (for Mom. We asked her during those last few years, but she said "No". I never quite got over that. ).

I want to go to Bootsy Collins's restaurant in Ohio too. (I know that's a little thing, but still.)

I've seen George Clinton live. I want to see Chuck Brown too, at least once...


So much to do, so little time... I always feel like there just aren't enough hours in a day, I guess now y'all can kind of see why.

I also want to get back into painting, drawing, and photography again.

If my budget allows, I would also like to take a yoga class or two. Anything that will help me stave off my insomnia can do nothing but help at this point (and yes, I've tried chamomille tea).

I'll try and post some more pictures on here as well as facebook within the next few weeks.

I'll be curious to see what Janet Jackson says in her interview with Robin Roberts tonight, after Glee , I'm definitely watching that.

Heard they cancelled Eastwick, can't say I'm surprised.

I've been wanting to go see Precious, but I wanted to read Push first. Unfortunately, other people must have had the very same idea, because I can't find it anywhere. :( It's sold out every place I've been, which is both good and bad when you think about it. (Bad because as usual I'm moving to slow. Good because I love to see Black/African-American/People of Color reading.))

Well, that's all from me for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment