Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ms. Janet Jackson...

I did see the Robin Roberts interview last night. I was a bit too out of it to blog right after the broadcast or go to MJFC...Plus, I like to gather my thoughts before I type/write...

She reminded me of Michael so much, and in turn, both make/made me think of their mom. It's funny, even before his death, she just reminded me so much of him...They were kind of like fraternal twins to me (I know they weren't, but still in my mind...they were that connected...So to hear her say they were that close last night made a lot of sense to me...maybe that's what I was picking up on...)

I also got a kick out hearing that she called Michael "Mike"...I don't know why, but it just gives me the biggest tickle.

That imitation of Latoya...I don't even know her, and I just about died laughing...Janet was spot on.

On the revelation that Joseph Jackson told Janet she could make more money singing and switched her to that...I can't say I'm shocked, but certain things make more sense to me now, after hearing that.


I also want to make clear that although she does remind me of Michael, I never stopped seeing her as an artist in her own right...All those clips they showed last night, I was just giddy, because I remember seeing her on The Jacksons Variety Show, Good Times (Janet's Mae West imitations always tickled me too. That always struck me as so percocious though. She seems to shy to do that imitation now, which seems kind of odd now that she's old enough for the imitation to actually be appropriate. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...the American culture is just bizarre...I'm not knocking all of it, because that would make me a huge hypocrite, but no wonder so many people from foreign countries get here and go WTF???!!!!), Diff'rent Strokes, and Fame when those shows were first being aired. It brought back so many memories.

I'm glad to hear she's going to be pursuing acting more, I always thought she was good with the potential to get better.

I'm excited to hear that she's writing a book...I'd definitely buy it.

I'm not surprised that at certain points in the interview or at certain questions, she seemed to have a difficult time...No, if you've lost someone close to you, especially recently, it's not hard at all to understand...

It made me very sad to hear that she didn't know about the Propofol...That just seems to back up my belief that in all families members don't tell each other each and everything. Sometimes it can be really liberating and sometimes it can be really harmful, as with drug abuse and things of that nature.

I never saw Janet Jackson live either...I think maybe if she decides to tour...I'll add her to my list and go...

No comments:

Post a Comment