Thursday, November 19, 2009

One of many WTF moments @ Madame Tussaud's

This past weekend, I was at the Madame Tussaud's in New York. I've been to the one in D.C., but it wasn't set up the same...The MT in NY had more floors for one, but I noticed something bizarre. I forget which floor it is, but you wind up walking through a candy store (Is this a metaphor of some sort? WTF???!!!). I can't remember if this is before or after you walk through the VIP party (The Lenny Kravitz wax figure's fro was uneven, so while I'm messing with that, I somehow forget to take a pic with him too. I can only blame myself, but then again I don't look like a model and couldn't really see myself with the real deal, although I think he's gorgeous, so maybe that's why I didn't bother.). Then, we got to a room where they were doing a movie screening and popcorn was offered amongst other things...At the entrance/exit, there was ice cream, with all these glorious toppings...I love Cinnamon Toast Crunch and they actually had that as a topping on ice cream...I love both ice cream and CTC a lot, but this was one instance where I had to pass on it. After looking @ Beyonce, Tyra, Angelina Jolie, and whoever else I'm supposed to want to stuff my face? They're kidding, right? I just came down from a size 10. Now, I'm something like 6/8. There's no way I want to go back to being a size 10 (not that there's anything wrong with being a size 10 +. Please don't get me wrong, but it's just not for me. That fact that I've got bad knees alone is enough to make me want to keep my weight manageable.). And they wonder why women have self-esteem issues in this country? Mixed messages abound...Maybe they trust people to have more self-control than they do...I haven't got a clue...I think it's another one of those things I'm never going to figure out in this lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment