Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day 1 at NJCon2012

I always have trouble getting up for an early flight.
I get to the airport.   Make it in time.  They did an inspection at Reagan and something went wrong with our plane.  This is the first time I had a connecting flight to anywhere, so I was already apprehensive.  I didn't freak out big time, but they knew I was stressed.  Everybody and their mama must have been going to New Jersey, because initially they told me that I couldn't get out of DC until around 8 or 9pm.  (Again thank you to Raymond and Charles and staff.!)

I didn't get to NJ 'til around 2 I guess.

I'm amazed that more places don't carry those little flight approved bottles of Bio True.  I need a bit more contact lens fluid than I was allowed to bring which sucks.  :(

Got a very nice autographed photo of Charles Malik Whitfield.  I wish they'd done more with FBI Agent Victor Henriksen, because I think that would've been stellar.  He was starting to come around and would've been a good ally to have.  Not to mention, he's not hard on the eyes at all.  Had to spend carefully, because I got thrown a few unexpected curveballs.  No one's fault, I'll just plan better next time, although the stuff I've been hearing about the post office lately has me more than a bit worried.




For the most part I enjoyed the Q and A's.    The only person's I missed was Steve Carlson's and that was because I had a photo op with Rachel Miner.  It is very hard to catch every event at these.  I guess you just sort of have to pick and choose.

One day, I would also like to play the yes and no game.  I know I can at least make it to the medium round.

I don't think the story pitches were as good this year as a whole... (I've only been to 3 of these so far though, and I started attending fairly late in the run.  I've been watching since Seas. 1, but job stablility was a factor for me around the time they first started the cons, so even if I wanted to, I prob. couldn't have attended.  )

Signings...I did get both Julie McNiven's and Rachel Miner's autographs.  I did a photo op with Rachel. She was so cool. That this was her first SPN convention just blows me away.  In the autograph line, she told me that she liked my shirt.  It was the '67 Hunting Champions shirt.  I thought it came from Red Bubble, but it came from Ript Apparel.   For the record, I enjoy different things about all the Megs.



I had coffee at the airport.  It did nothing.  I guess I should've kept it up.  The heat made me feel that much worse... I don't do well with energy drinks at all and my primary care physician told me I'm prediabetic.  }:(  I went upstairs to eat something right quick and promptly fell out.  No concert or karaoke.  :(   The maddening part is, I didn't sleep for a long time.  It's been like little pitiful 2 or 3 hour blocks.   If you read this blog regularly, you know that I suffer from bouts of insomnia from time to time.  Looks like it's come creeping back.  I've had it all week really, but I've had a lot on my mind.








No comments:

Post a Comment