Saturday, August 4, 2012

Before I get into a recap of yesterday

Note:  I think I've figured out a way to break this down, so that it won't be so overwhelming for me...I think I'll just blog about stuff day by day.  Didn't think to bring a writing pad or journal or anything...I used to be better about keeping up with stuff like writing, but now it's harder...I guess because my responsibilities are different and in time, will probably become increasingly more so.   I see myself doing this maybe two more times with two different locales  [Trying really hard for LV.  I've already got a friend offering to take me under her wing in LV and she lives there.  If that works out, it would definitely be cool.   I'd also like to hit Vancouver in 2014 if nothing unforeseen happens...  My supervisor and my backup at work are very stingy with me wanting to take what they see as frivolous leave *apparently if it's not a family emergency or medical leave I'm not supposed to want off....I don't abuse my leave, but I think everyone should have a reasonable sized break at least once a year, if only for stress relief.  Neither me nor my back up ever gets 1-2 weeks vacation, other staff members do, so we've each got to get our kicks in where it counts.  I don't like how that puts us at odds with each other sometimes, but I digress.*   I only get one bit of vacation time to really go anywhere and never the whole week.  When I can afford to, sometimes I want to spread my wings just a little bit.  There's not a problem with staying home, but I do enjoy the little traveling I've done so very much.]  I want location photos for SPN so incredibly bad.  I got them for the Vampire Diaries...but I'd love them for SPN too.   If it doesn't work out, I'll never forget the TVD and SPN cons I was able to attend.  

 For personal and medical reasons [It's nothing like cancer or lupus or anything, but at the same time I'm noticing difficulty doing things that aren't making sense considering the age I am now.] I don't think it's that I'm all that out of shape either, but I don't know...In any event, I think I'm easing to a stop.  My original dermatologist left, so I'm seeing a new one sometime in September...what they took the biopsy for hasn't cleared up and I want to know if the damage is permanent.  My primary care physician doesn't seem alarmed by anything because most test results have been normal.  Only a couple of rheumatology tests have shown something crazy and  the rheumatologist hasn't been able to pin those things down.  The pain relievers he's prescribed aren't doing anything.  *shrugs*  I'm trying other stuff.  Getting a back pack...and possibly a new mattress are in the works.  Also there's an herb that's a pain reliever ...Boswellia I think, but I've got to stop the prednisone first.  New shoes and wearing my brace more often have done little if anything. The pain isn't debilitating, but it hinders me just the same.  I don't really want to be part of a group to discuss this stuff, because after a while it just gets repetitive and it depresses more than encourages me.  My vision problems are also coming back, which is another reason I've never really been gung ho about learning to drive.  [From about the time I was 7, I think I've had vision problems.  I don't want to add to the insanity.  Nor do I want to be involved in another car accident that involves litigation...That was just a miserable experience.  It could've been worse though, all things considered.]

Most of the time I don't let on about a whole lot, because I already use mental pep talks and some scripture.  I've also never really felt comfortable handling things any other way, but my own way...I'm sorry that it's caused the problems it has, but it's who I am...I'm like both my parents in a lot of ways, but it almost makes me laugh to the point of tears how much like my father I really am.  I love him and I make sure to tell him and try to show him.

That being said, I'm going to get on with my recap of yesterday.  I'm sorry if some of this seems like it's coming out of left field, but these were things that I felt like I really needed to say/post

.

No comments:

Post a Comment