Saturday, October 1, 2011

My thoughts on Supernatural Seas. 7, Ep 2 Hello Cruel World (Contains Spoilers)

Bobby - Bobby called Cas a friend.  I loved this.    I'm not certain where he is, but I know Bobby's not gone.  Devastated about his house though.  No more panic room either.  :(
Also that line about Sam not being curled up beneath the sink...I'm going to hope he was just being facetious and Sam was never literally curled up beneath the sink.   [He's in such bad shape it definitely wouldn't be that far fetched, except for he's going out of his way to prove to everyone he can function.]

Sheriff Rhodes -   I was worried for her when she passed out.   I love that she kept Bobby in mind. She thought quickly and she had one of the best lines in the ep.

Castiel -  The zombie shamble thing that Leviathan caused just made me sad.  I refuse to believe he's gone.  We just saw the coat.  No body, no wings... On the other hand, the vessel (Jimmy Novak) has been through so much.  I don't know.  For once, I want to think positively though.

Dean -  I love the way he hung on to Cas's coat, I didn't expect that.   It took something happening at Bobby's and possibly to Bobby to get Dean to admit that he wasn't ok.  That broke my heart.
Dean might possibly be on his own and with a broken leg...I have to know how they get out of this...[You have to carry me...I didn't know whether to laugh or cry about that line.  I think I did both.  These poor dudes...]


Sam - Where do I even begin? The way he started, when Dean woke him...[This poor guy...Can this be fixed? ]  That line that Sam and Lucifer say at the same time..."You can't torture someone who has nothing left for you to take away."  That was creepy, sad, and very effective.  And then, that look that Sam has on his face when Dean asks him, if he can see Lucifer as they're talking.  
The part in the warehouse...it's funny a tear fell before I even realized I was crying...And then, when Sam was repeatedly digging into that cut...I just felt so very badly for him...
Dean's speech to Sam kind of reminded me of Pt. 2 of Bargaining in Seas. 6 of BtVS, the part where Buffy asks Dawn if she's in Hell and then Dawn has to convince her not to jump from the tower again, because she's all messed up.
That nervous, self-concious little laugh he gives the real Dean when he assures him he's not seeing any white rabbits. 
The blow to the head...won't that make things even worse?  And Sam was seizing???!!!!
I was positively incoherent at/about the cliffhanger.   [If I said I wanted Jared Padalecki to stop blowing me away, I'd be lying.]


Lucifer - Mark Pellegrino has that menacing, funny, and sarcastic thing down.




The allusions from The Bell Jar, to Alice in Wonderland to A Beautiful Mind...I loved them all.

And the use of The Doobie Brothers "Black Water"...I was absolutely giddy.

Edlund and Bee did a fantastic job.  IMO Edge of your seat viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment