Friday, September 16, 2011

Vampire Diaries Season 3, Ep. 1 -The Birthday - Spoilers!

Damon - It's my own fault, but the bathtub scene just had me going "Meh" *shrugs*. 
Andie's death, I like that he didn't just zip out and have a meltdown.  He still had a tantrum, but still he seems to be maturing...I guess with Stefan gone, he kind of has to.  It seemed like he wanted to apologize to Elena for what happened to Stefan, but he stopped himself. 

Elena - I'll be curious to see what leads up to what the promo posters were hinting at.  She seems very like Katherine in them.  What changes her?  Again, I'll be very curious to see.

Klaus -  He was kind of in the background last night, but he was still no less frightening to me. 

Stefan - Paul Wesley thoroughly creeped me out in a way I had absolutely no idea he was capable of. Kudos!  And that scene where he called Elena...The way he telegraphed the emotions on his face...you could just see all the things he wanted to say but couldn't. 

Alaric - Why is he leaving?????!!!!! We're just now getting to really know/see him and he's leaving?  You know what this reminds me of?  And I feel like it was a mistake here too.  It reminds me of when Giles decides that Buffy doesn't need him anymore and he splits [and later winds up coming back.].  With all the stuff he knows about vampire hunting, etc?  What sense does it make for him to leave?  I  was just so sad to see him go.  He needs to come back.  Maybe he will after he's had time to grieve/heal? 

Andie -  I was amazed she came back, especially after how she was sent off last season.  And then, to be toyed with the way she was last night.  Even though I found the character annoying, I didn't want that for her.  And the way she kept calling out Hello...I was like "Run! if you sense something off for pity's sake."  Sheesh!

Bonnie - I wish she'd physically been in the actual ep.  :(  I'd also like to see more of her family members, rather than just hearing them talked about, and I know I'm not alone here. 

Matt - It's worrying me that he spoke to Caroline at the party like that.  He's a wild card for now, I'm hoping he sides with her rather than against her.  I have a feeling Vampire Barbie is going to need all the help she can get this season. 

Jeremy - I feel badly for him, but I don't think getting annihilated is going to solve his problems any...

Tyler and Caroline - His lack of tact last night cracked me up.  I'm also glad he and Caroline finally hooked up. I don't understand why she left though.  I feel like Tyler is the better choice for her, because he understands/can relate to things that Matt wouldn't be able to.  But clearly Caroline still has feelings for Matt and she's conflicted.  I hope this isn't going to turn into one of the more tedious TV love triangles, because at this point I can't deal...

Carol Lockwood - I thought she was just doing the pissed off/disrespected Mom thing and then she shoots Caroline with wooden bullets and tranq darts.  :(  What's that all about?  It can't be good.  And does this mean that Liz's days as Sheriff are numbered?  To lose an ally on the police force would seriously damage one of the major advantages the Salvatores have had.  I suppose they could create more, but with the same type of clout and from one of the founding families?  I think not. 

Ray Sutton -  I want to see a few more eps before I comment on him.  Beyond the fact that I felt bad for him, I have nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment