Tuesday, August 9, 2011

True Blood Season 4, Episode 5 (Contains Spoilers) - Me and the Devil

Eric -- I love this Eric...I never thought I'd hear myself say that, but I really do. 

Alcide -- Although I think his display of power was admirable, I think he needs to watch his back.

Tara--I was upset with her...I don't feel like she gave Sookie a chance to explain herself.  I understand that she was traumatized, but I feel like if anything that should help her understand how complex stuff can sometimes be, not hinder her ability to understand that.  Then again, different people cope with trauma in different ways.

Sam and Tommy -- I'm glad to see them bonding again.  Didn't expect the Mickens's to go so early in the season...

Pam--  They better hurry up and figure out a way to break the spell Marnie/Antonia cast or else there will be nothing left of her.  Also...Pam's betrayal of Eric...was that OOC or is it just me?  If she didn't crack when  the magister [?] was torturing her,  so why would she crack now?  I can understand her fear, but I this just didn't ring "true" for me. 

Arlene, Terry, and Mikey - Does this woman ever think before she opens her mouth?  I love how
Terry took charge, but in a gentle way...

Reverend and Mrs. Daniels (Lettie Mae) - If I hadn't seen and experienced some of the stuff I had in the past year or so, I'd be screaming stereotype.  I don't think what they did worked...I don't know if it's lack of true faith or not enough mojo, but I just don't think it worked. 

Jesus's abuelo  -   I don't have a good feeling about him...

Holly -  It's been almost two seasons, and I'm still not sure what to make of her. 

Sookie -  I was so happy Sookie could hear Gran too, I didn't know what to do. 

Jason, Jessica, and Hoyt - That's going to get messy.  :(  I enjoy Jason's and Hoyt's friendship and would hate to see something wreck it, but I think this will...  I think Hoyt showed up in Jason's dream because Jessica exchanged blood with Hoyt for a year or longer rather than just feeding on him [this is why no one could tag along on Eric and Sookie's ride...He fed, but he didn't exchange blood with another human.]...I'm kind of hazy on how the whole bonding thing works...

Portia -- Bill must have really put it on her...For her to be that bent on being with him [I'm sorry, but I'm with Bill on this one.  Some stuff is just Wrong.]...I was amazed that he actually had to glamour her to get her to leave him alone...

Andy Bellefleur - He needs help...That's all there is to it, and the sooner he gets it the better.  His character is no fun to watch this way. 


Oh Toure and Tichina Arnold brought up something on Twitter that bugged me too.  We finally saw a Black vampire and he wound up getting choked out.  :(  Which led to a brief exchange on why we can't get a powerful Black vampire on this show.  [I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this.  I was sorry they killed off the Alpha vampire on Supernatural so quickly too.  He was absolutely amazing *Gave me chills he did.  ;)* and played by Rick Worthy.]  There was also an amusing exchange asking why it's possible to choke a vampire, when they can't breathe...This came up on Buffy and Angel so many times, that after a bit I just ignore it, no one ever gets it right and besides if you want to get technical since it takes air to talk, etc.  There'd probably be a whole lot that vampires really shouldn't be able to do.  I guess it's just up to us as viewers how far we want to suspend our disbelief in able to enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment