Friday, December 3, 2010

Vampire Diaries recap-The Sacrifice

Dr. Jonas Martin--  Lurking in Elena's room.  Taking her hair...[I know it was for a spell, but it was overshadowed to me by the "Let's give viewers yet another reason to hate and fear Dr. Martin" vibe I was getting.  The fact that the actor is a dark-skinned African-American doesn't help here.]

Luka--I don't want to hate him. [Especially since it's too soon to tell how much he knows about his Dad working with Elijah.]  He gets in the way of one of my favorite ships, but still...I felt badly when he had the seizures last night and he's right about Bonnie.  She does need her own variation on The Charmed Ones Power of Three.  Or she needs to pull from nature and return it somehow, like Willow learned to on Season 7 of BtVS.  

Bonnie--I love how they're making her character more 3 dimensional this year.  :) Also I enjoyed hearing Kat Graham's cover of  "Happy When It Rains".   I loved how she stood up for Luka and kept Jeremy from digging himself into an even deeper hole...Still I wish she'd give him a chance.  I think she feels a sense of loyalty to Luka since they bonded.  Someone, I can't remember who, said not to count Team Ice Cream out...I also feel like she's afraid if stuff doesn't work out between them, stuff would be forever awkward.  That's a pretty understandable fear.  At least she knows that Jeremy cares about her too.  She really does need for Cousin Lucy (or Cuzo as I call her in my head) to come back.  Either that, or she needs for Luka to give her Lesson 2, how to call power from the elements...there's another name for it, I'm sure, but at the moment it escapes me.  [Ever notice how Wicca and Vodoun both get exoticized/demonized and they're actually religions?  Yet another reason why I'm conflicted about watching this show, but that's also another blog post.]

Jeremy-- I liked that he stopped when Bonnie told him to as far as pressing his luck by bashing Luka.  That went so wrong...I felt sorry for him.  At the beginning it seemed like he was handling his biz.  I started to worry when he was slow to find the moonstone.  [All I kept thinking at the TV screen was "Run Dammit!"]

Tyler--I feel badly for him and what he's about to go through.  I love that the left the transformation, somewhat to your imagination too. 

Caroline--Smooth how she explained away, knowing about the Lockwood dungeon.  Hopefully, in time Tyler will come to see that her friendship isn't a sham.  Werewolves and the anger thing, just don't give me a good feeling as far as the truth coming out and eventually it will.  The Tyler/Caroline/Matt triangle.  More soap opera stuff, but I don't find it to be as annoying at times, as the main triangle can be. 

Matt--Wish we got to see more of him.  He's one of the only normal characters left.  I do believe they brought this up on The Televixen's podcast too.  Hopefully, the writers will take note. 

Rose--She wanted more from Damon and I wasn't quite sure how to read that...What happened to being torn up over Trevor and no emotions?  Has Damon got The Magic [Stick] or what?  I don't know what's scarier that or the Crazy Eyes.  As we could see from her speedy exit when Elijah showed up, Rose believes in self-preservation almost as much as Katherine.  :)

Elena--Her plan was noble, but how does she think that would have made everyone feel?  From the Salvatores to Aunt Jenna [Half-assed guardian that she is, she still cares]...But then with the body count rising with only Elijah...and Klaus [Who's supposed to be even badder than Elijah...That better be some awesome ish! Is all I have to say.  They've built him up too much now to disappoint us.] on the horizon.  It's not out of the question to come to the conclusion that drastic times call for drastic measures.  Something in Elena's behavior last night that reminded me a bit of Katherine...Elena was sneaky and kind of arrogrant with those bribes, wasn't she?  What would Bonnie have said about her promise to Rose? 

Katherine--It tickled me that she changed her mind about being locked in the tomb.  [She's bored.  XD lol Too fantastic.  Nina Dobrev is a blast in this role.]
Katherine looked like the cat that had gotten the cream when Stefan made his error. 

Elijah-- Ok, if you pull out all the stops with this guy, what will there be left for Klaus to wow us with?  [That double heart rip thing, brings to mind Angel's double staking in the pilot ep.]  Klaus is supposed to outDamon Damon, but I feel like Elijah is already doing that to an extent [Too much of the same thing gets old fast].  :( .  Also, it's all too obvious that Elijah isn't through with Damon and Elena yet...I get the feeling that for Damon payback's definitely going to be a bitch.

Stefan--I felt so sorry for him this ep...He acted to save somebody else in a split second without thinking of the repercussions and it definitely cost him [Hence the title].  :(   As for the previews to next week, I've read enough of the books to know there is Delena, but the way Williamson & Co. is going about getting us there feels rushed and sloppy [at least as far as this ep goes].  Next week's developments with Stefan... I feel like his behavior  is OOC, I guess it feels that way to me, because we haven't seen enough flashbacks of what Stefan was like before Elena.

Damon--There were several times last night when I thought Damon was just going to pounce on Elena last night.  The anger was just so mixed with sexual tension, it was hard to really interpret. [ Ian Somerhalder's mannerisms don't make it any easier sometimes...]  The "Throwing you over my shoulder" line didn't bother me, but the "I'll break your arm" line did.  I'm not saying turn him into a softie, but the line just disturbed me.  You claim to love this girl, put her in a sleeper hold or something, but don't break limbs.  }:(  [Maybe I've got too many issues with domestic violence, but that line just bothered me big time.  I don't care how pleasing to the eye someone is.  That kind of talk just isn't sexy to me at all. ] This time I felt like Damon was right to warn Jeremy away.  Look what it cost them. 

The Twilight nods--Slater's password is what?  Really???!!! C'mon now.  :(   And then the whole thing with Alice [They don't call 'em fangbangers on this show, but that's what she seemed like to me.]. 

A spinoff for TVD...Um until the writing becomes more even again [Hopefully this ep was a fluke as far as that's concerned, because I'd been pleased for the most part with how the season was going so far]....I don't think that's such a great idea.  Not really loving the premise either.  If you're going to use an old idea, at least put a new spin on it or shoot it from a new perspective...Don't add to the same ol' same ol' that's out there.  We've got enough of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment