Saturday, December 11, 2010

By The Light of the Moon -Vampire Diaries Ep. 2.

Luka and Jonas Martin -- So they are in cahoots.  Luka seems like an unwilling accomplice, but we don't know to what extent.  Bonnie will be hurt and angry.  But, Luka did point out [although he said he was j/k] hiding things isn't a great way to start any type of solid relationship off.  Whether he and Bonnie become friends or something more remains to be seen. 

Bonnie--It bothers me that she didn't somehow sense that switcheroo Luka pulled.  :(  But she sensed Lucy when she was working with Katherine.  I can't figure out if this is because Bonnie is doing most of her learning by instinct and her grimoire or uneven writing or both. 

Elijah-- Was actually trending last night on Twitter, which astounded me.  [Thought sure it would've been Tyler trending, but more on him later.]  I wonder what's going to happen once Klaus finally shows, because if Elijah can't make good on his bargain with Elena all bets are off.   ILiveforTVD on Twitter asked last night if I thought that Elijah was playing Luka's dad or Elena, my response is that knowing how sneaky some of the baddies are on this show, he could be playing both of them.  I'm definitely curious to see what happens.  I just wish they [Williamson & Co] were more consistent about building and sustaining suspense. 

Jenna--I can't figure out whether she gets into the trouble she does,  because she gets left out of the loop because people are trying to "protect" her or she's just that naive about what goes on in town.  No vervain [Or does it just not work on Elijah and The Originals.  If Katherine can build up an immunity to it, I know he can.].   No nothing.   Alaric dropped the ball.  I give credit to  Sara Canning, because every actress doesn't have the capability to make you care about a character despite the potential for the character to become cannon fodder. 

Carol Lockwood -- If Sheriff Forbes knows the hidden history of the town, I find it extremely difficult to believe that Ms. Lockwood also knows something she's not telling.

 Elena -  She's stubborn and she's sneaky.  I'm beginning to think she and Katherine share more than just looks.  :)  It reinforces the whole doppleganger thing very nicely too. 

Katherine--Nina Dobrev does an excellent job inserting vulnerability into a character that at times appears to have none.  I'm just more and more amazed every week. 

Stefan--He's steadfast and it was a dream.  I'd like to say I knew it all along, but I didn't, because with this show, you never know. 

Alaric--  The drunk guy and "rescuer" bit.  I think I'd have bought that way more the other way 'round.  [Just sayin'. ]  Hopefully, after the events with Elijah, Alaric will learn to keep Jenna in the loop.  If he doesn't, I don't even want to imagine the consequences. 

Jules -- She's hardcore and she marked Damon [That can't mean anything good].  She saw right through him too, not that it was all that difficult...[more on him later]. 

Caroline aka Vampire Barbie [That was cute!]--She was steadfast [too] last night.  She stayed up until the very last second and I loved her for it.  I love her and Tyler together.  I'm afraid of what's going to happen when he finds out that she knew about what happened to Mason, etc. though. 

Tyler--I was watching a TV Guide interview with Michael Trevino shortly before BTLOTM aired.  He mentioned that Julie Plec showed him videos of women giving birth and wolves hunting/taking down their prey to help him prep.   Kudos to both her and him, because that ish worked.  The special effects people definitely deserve as shoutout too, because I don't believe I've seen anything that painful looking and believable in recent memory since AWIL.  As far as not seeing the wolf completely...I thought we caught a glimpse [wishful thinking on my part?]...I think they might be saving that...ie. the best is yet to come.  Candice Accola and Michael Trevino definitely brought it.  :)

Rose--How did we go from her pinning Damon to the car to her not being able to stay out of his bed?  What made her jump in the way when Jules came calling?  Maybe if we were shown more of her backstory I'd get it...This just seemed rushed to me and illustrates my misgivings about pairing a [seemingly] strong woman with a player/bad boy/damaged goods type [Either she gets watered down or he does, or both]...As much as everyone in the audience will never be completely satisfied, it's especially true here.   I don't mind if Rose is a little vulnerable, but it felt like this happened way too fast.  [Yes, I know we only have a certain amount of eps. in a season.]  Maybe I was expecting a bit too much?  I'd hate to think that all things considered.   

Damon-- Calling Caroline Vampire Barbie...He got downright Sawyeresque with that one.  : D
Damon's planning needs work sometimes and I think it's definitely due to his arrogance and impulsiveness.  It's definitely a good thing for him that Alaric's got his back and now Stefan's been released from the cave.  I don't think he's going to come out of all this unscathed though.  I'm just not sure what form payback for the murder of Mason is going to come in.  As I stated above, I'm also not sure Elijah is done with him yet either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment