Monday, November 1, 2010

Walking Dead premiere (Contains spoilers!)

 I was glued to the television!

I never read the graphic novel...I have the first book on order. [I wanted to see if I enjoyed the series first.]

I enjoyed this way better than I did Dead Set.

The hospital was very eerie...[Hospitals give me the heebiejeebies period, so that was like shooting fish in a barrel as far as I'm concerned. That coupled with the fact that power was out in the stairwells and dude was running around with no weapon...I had to suspend my disbelief quite a bit, especially given the fact that he was in his hospital gown and barefooting...That he made it out of there with no cuts and not encountering any zombies was nothing short of a miracle to me. ]



I know the deputy's family are still alive...[It's that so close and yet so far cliche'...I figured maybe.] It breaks my heart about the Morgan and Duane [Duane...is that a nod to Duane Jones from NOTLD '68? If so, I love stuff like that.] though...I think the wife/mom was cognizant though. She remembers her house...She remembered how to turn the knob, as opposed to just banging and groaning/moaning and a carrying on. The son also indicated that she'd been back before. I don't know whether her cognizance has to do with how long she'd been a zombie or that the virus mutates or what, but she's not like the others...I don't know if that means she can be cured [and possibly cure others] or she has to be watched out for, because she's more dangerous than the rest, because she's cognizant. This also reminds me somewhat of how Kelly behaves in Guillermo Del Toro's Strain series...

The zombies in the city waiting in a kind of huddle like that freaked me out towards the end. Do they have some type of hive mind or something? They all knew to stay quiet too...Very creepy.
Can't wait 'til next week.

The music that was playing at the end...Although I liked it, it felt kind of out of place. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment