Monday, November 22, 2010

Vampire Diaries episode "Katerina" (contains spoilers)

Bonnie-- She wasn't really hiding that she was attracted to Luka that well.  I don't think she'd have responded too well had that been the other way around.  But, that being said, it was nice to see her get some action, beyond helping to save Elena and The Salvatores.

Rose--Loved the scene where she turned the tables on Damon.  I'll have to see more of her, but so far I like the blend of vulnerability and strength she has. 

Trevor--I barely recognized him...I have a love/hate relationship with the costuming/wigs in some of the period scenes...

Don't remember seeing Tyler or Matt

No Jenna or Alaric either

Elena--I can't decide whether she was crazy or brave to do what she did regarding Katherine.  Nina Dobrev was awesome last night and not too campy or over the top either.  To show that Katherine does still have feelings, no matter how deeply she tries to bury them...I'm not sure a lot of actresses could have done a job of that caliber conveying that so subtly. 

Stefan--I don't know how to feel about how steadfast he is in being there for Elena.  She comes through for him...[The vervain in the well, etc.]  Lately, it just doesn't seem like she truly appreciates him. 

Elijah--How scary is it that Originals can compel other vampires?   That just doesn't bode well at all.  The thing with Elijah taking the change in his hand and tossing it around...I was trying to explain on Twitter last night that it reminded me of how Gambit from the X-Men can take playing cards and charge them when he throws them, but I couldn't explain the physics behind it, which frustrated me.  :(  [Kids stay in school!  I didn't leave, but I wish I'd been better at math and physics, that's for sure.]

Slater--He was really amusing...I was sorry to see him go.  [An eternal grad student...Think there's a joke there?  Nah! }:)]

Luka--The warlock thing bothers me...[It probably comes from watching too much Charmed].  It'll be interesting to see whether Luka will eventually decide to assist Bonnie and the others or he's working for Elijah like his dad. 

Luka's dad aka Dr. Jonas [?] Martin--Are there going to be any new Black characters on this show that aren't pawns, Evil, or just passing through?  It'd be nice...

Damon -- Elijah will be out for payback and it won't be pretty.  :(   I know he heard that cockiness when Damon assured ? and Rose that Elijah was dead.  The Rose/Damon hookup...some people believe that it was just rebound sex...I'm not sure...Then there is a strong Dalena ship out there...The writers and Kevin Williamson are very good at throwing us curveballs, so I would say almost anything is possible. 


Jeremy--He took Bonnie bailing on him surprisingly well.  He earns points from me for that alone.


The Originals --Someone asked if Pearl was one[in one of the conversations I had on Twitter]... We've seen European Originals, but I'd love to see  An Asian Original.  A Native American Original, An African Original...I think all cultures have vampire, shapeshifter, and witchcraft legends/myths.  I'd like to see this reflected in the show more.  Just having the Bennet witches and the ? Warlocks doesn't get it for me. 

Klaus--I'm curious to see who they will cast in this role, because we've been speculating for weeks.  :)


My predictions:  Kevin Williamson said something about writing Damon angst.  Don't know whether it's related directly to the finale or what, but I predict Elijah or Klaus is going to either make Damon do something he doesn't want to regarding Elena or he will be forced to watch while Stefan does something to Elena that neither/none of them wants.  I don't believe she will die.  If she does, I think it will be for a few seconds or minutes similar to what happened to Buffy in Season 1 of her show.

No comments:

Post a Comment