Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I saw something this morning that messed my head right up...

I was on my way to the bus stop and I was running late...There are lots of feral cats in the neighborhood.  I recognize quite a few of them...Well anyway, I see this one and he or she is about to cross the street.  Not a big thing...They dart across the street all the time.  I turned my head for a split second.  I don't even remember seeing or hearing a car go by, but they zip through all the time too.  So anyway, I turn back around and the cat is laying on its side thrashing...I couldn't understand what was happening and then all of a sudden it stopped thrashing...  I got closer to see if maybe I could do something for it...  I was thinking maybe it was just hurt or stunned, but as I got closer, I saw neither of those things was the case and there was nothing I could do...  To have that happen when I was so close by...I haven't told anyone about this...Usually I write stuff like this down in my print journal I keep, but I'm even worse about remembering to write in that, than I am about posting stuff on here.  I wish I were tougher/stronger than this.  I feel silly for still thinking about the cat when there was nothing more I could do.  [I've been hit by a car twice myself.  The first I can't remember if the fault was mine.  They told me I lost consciousness, I don't remember that...  The second time, was definitely not my fault and my right foot and left leg wound up broken...]

No comments:

Post a Comment