Friday, February 25, 2011

Dinner Guest -My Two Cents - Contains spoilers

Elena -  It made me laugh that she and Stefan being late for/going to school was [finally] addressed.  [And I thought the Glee kids were in rare form this week.]  Also, Stefan and Elena messing around in the bedroom...Where was Jenna?  Moping about Alaric?  At work?  Half-assed parenting/guardianship at it's best.  Considering the age bracket of some of the viewers, I think they ought to be careful with this.  [And yes, I know about Skins. ]

Stefan -  I was having a conversation with a tweep or two about this...I think it's funny Stefan couldn't tell  when Katherine was pretending to be Elena.  In the first part of the season he could, but Damon couldn't.  I really don't know what to make of that...With Klaus coming, they can't afford to be anything but sharp.

Damon - He got hurt by Katherine again last night, but he didn't respond quite the way I expected, which is a good thing.  I'm wondering about his reaction to what Katherine told him about Emily...I remember Damon saying something about it taking Emily a while to learn a certain spell...Did Katherine get their rings made before she set Emily up?  Or was she cold-blooded enough to have another witch waiting in the wings, I have so many questions about this witch burning. 

Katherine - She was super slick last night, but at least she stopped Luka from removing the dagger from Elijah.  [I actually had mixed feelings about that.]

Caroline - I didn't even know Candice Accola sang.  It breaks my heart what happened when Caroline came clean with Matt.  I wish he'd have given her time to explain that she wasn't a vamp at the time of Vicki's attack.  Matt's and Caroline's kiss I would have enjoyed it more, if it hadn't seemed like the writers were trying so hard for an "Aww!" moment. 

Matt - I expected him to wig, but I didn't think he would make the connection back to Vicki.  If he comes around, it's definitely going to take time. 

Alaric - In his case telling half the truth was just as bad as keeping Jenna completely in the dark.  More soap opera stuff, but it facilitates the action, so I get it.  :)

Bonnie - She got a lucky break last night getting her powers back.  Wish The Grill hadn't gotten annihilated, I would've enjoyed seeing Bonnie get a turn singing too. 

Luka - His death was painful [looking] and it was gruesome...I understand the why of it and TVD is just a TV show, but that still didn't make the death scene any easier to watch.   I didn't think you could harm the astral body the way you could a physical body, but writers tweak mythology how they see fit [BtVS, Charmed, AtS, Supernatural]. 

Jonas - His death made me sad too, but again, I kind of understood it.  I don't think he would've let Katherine get the jump on him like that, if he hadn't been so angry and grief-stricken though...So much loss/waste.  But, it it's one thing Williamson does well, it's angst. 

John - not shown. 

Have I mentioned how much I miss Tyler ?


IHeartTVD on Twitter has a show on Blog Talk Radio...I may add what I've said here on that platform...I'm not sure.   I believe they come on at 11:00pmEST on Saturday nights.  The show is 2hrs long.  The second hour they take calls.  It's a good fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment